Watch as Caroline guides you in how to make these exquisitely light, fluffy and moist Buckwheat pancakes. Perfect with both sweet and savoury.
- 75g Buckwheat flour
- 25g Coconut flour
- 1 egg (separated)
- 1tsp baking powder
- Hemp milk to mix (approx. 100ml)
- Mix the flours and baking powder together add the egg yolk and enough milk to
- make a thick batter.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms a peak
- Add a spoon of batter to the egg white and fold in with a metal spoon
- Place a spoonful of batter into a hot pan and when the bottom is seared flip the blini to cook the other side. Roughly a minute per side
Mushrooms – Spinach – Avocado – Eggs
Jam – Nut butters – Honey
Whisk the egg white to give the pancake mixture a lighter and fluffier texture. If you don’t have a whisk you don’t have to do this as the batter will still make a lovely Blini but it may have a slightly denser texture.