Here Caroline shows us how to make her much loved melt in your mouth oat cakes. These make the perfect snack for on-the-go breakfasts, packed lunches, or quick snacks. Add spices and flavourings (sweet or savoury!) to make them your own.
- 280g Porridge Oats
- 280g Oatmeal (can be made by pulsing oats in blender)
- 150ml Sunflower Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Boiling water
- Preheat oven 180 degrees.
- Add dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl then stir in the oil. Mix well.
- Add boiling water to form a dough, go gently with the water as it doesn’t take much. If you add too much don’t worry – just add more oatmeal to absorb the surplus water.
- Roll out dough to about 4mm (depth of a £1 coin is a good rough guide).
- Cut out discs and place on a baking tray lightly dusted with flour or oatmeal. All the trimmings can go back in the mixing bowl and be combined with a touch more hot water and then re-rolled to make more oatcakes!
- Bake for 20mins.
- Leave to cool on baking tray and store in an airtight container.
Avocado – Eggs – Hummus – Chilli
Jam – Nut butters – Honey