Our delicious Life-changing loaf is full of seeds and nuts which are packed with fibre, protein and loads of nutrients. Psyllium husks, known to reduce cholesterol levels, aid digestion and augment weight loss, act as the binding agent in this delicious loaf as there is no flour. The perfect addition to soup, or toasted with an egg or avocado for breakfast, this loaf is versatile and scrumptious!
Makes 1 loaf
Life changing loaf
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup on linseeds
½ cup almonds
½ cup gluten free rolled oats.
2 Tbsp chia seeds
4 Tbsp Psyllium seed husks
1 Tsp fine sea salt
1 Tbsp date syrup (Maple)
3 Tbsp Coconut oil or ghee, melted.
½ cup Black olives, pitted and chopped.
600ml of warm water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
3. Add the water, maple and coconut oil and mix well.
4. Place in the loaf tin and smooth out the top, Let sit for at least 1 hour or overnight to soften the nuts and seeds.
5. Cook in the oven for 1 hour, let it cool before taking it out and slicing.
6. Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too – slice before freezing for quick and easy toast!